PomegranateGirl

Colleen Hoover
Blood Song
Anthony Ryan
Progress: 166/618 pages

Review: Wicked as They Come (Blud #1)

Wicked as They Come - Delilah S. Dawson

Wicked as They Come (Blud #1)

by Delilah S. Dawson

• Pub. Date: March 27, 2012
  • Publisher: Pocket Books
  • Format: Mass-Market Paperback
  • Series: Blud
  • ISBN-13: 9781451657883
  • ISBN: 1451657889

Wicked as They Come has vampires, excuse me, Bludmen, magic, steampunkery, romance, and a dash of adventure.  Mix everything together and the book is an intriguing story.

Letitia, the main character, as well as us readers, fall into another world called Sang where we meet Criminy, the magical Bludman.

The story was fun and I loved the world Delilah S. Dawson conjured. Especially the bludbunnies. :D

The only problem I really had was the progression of Letitia and Criminy's romance. Due to a spell/magic Criminy was already in love with Letitia, and while she did not really do the whole instant love there was still a bond she felt between them. Fortunately, Letitia did not let the "meant-to-be" love spell make any real decisions for how she felt.

I bought the book when I saw it at a convention and it was being sold with the author's signature.

Wish I had gotten the book personalized since the author was at the convention and I saw her, but I'm a socially awkward person. Love the drawn bludbunny.

I will read the next Blud book for sure.